Ford & Ford’s Business & Corporate and Commercial Real Estate practices serve a broad range of clients. The firm has also acted as title insurance agent for more than 300 commercial real estate transactions, including approximately 40 closings for amounts in excess of $10MM. We proudly represent clients in a variety of complex matters.
Real Estate Investment Firms, Developers, Assisted-Living Facility Operators, and Hospitality Firms
In matters such as:
- Nine-figure disposition of a multistate portfolio of assisted-living facilities to a leading national private equity firm.
- Acquisition of a 1,500,000 sq foot, 800-room hotel property on the coast of New Jersey.
- Acquisition of a 2,200-acre, 600-room hotel and gaming property in northern Mississippi and Arkansas.
- Acquisition, redevelopment, and refinancing of a 500-room going-concern hotel on the coast of New Jersey.
- Acquisition and refinancing of a 274-room, internationally flagged going-concern hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Financing and acquisition of a 276-room, internationally flagged going-concern hotel in Syracuse, New York.
- Financing, acquisition, and refinancing of a 191,000 square-foot, 300-room, internationally flagged going-concern hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
- Disposition of a going-concern 118-room, internationally flagged hotel in central Florida.
- Multistate refinancing of assisted-living facilities and hotels.
- Acquisition, condominiumization, and disposition of a 41-unit property in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Acquisition and development of thousands of acres of unimproved land in central Florida.
- Acquisition and sale of nationwide pools of home mortgages.
- Acquisition of land for single-family housing development.
Closely Held Businesses
In matters such as:
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of a series of Rule 506 exempt private offerings of equity securities.
- Negotiation and drafting of shareholder buy-sell agreements.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of the buyout of a private equity-backed minority shareholder.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of commercial leases in Class A properties in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of hundreds of mid-sized commercial loan transactions for Florida-based banks, both for real estate and asset-based matters.
Other Organizations and Individuals
- Represented a regional bank in the acquisition and redevelopment of a retail bank location in Clearwater, Florida.
- Represented an investor in the asset acquisition of a Michigan-based minor league ice hockey franchise.
- Represented a regional bank in the negotiation and drafting of commercial lease for bank headquarters in Tampa, Florida.
- Represented a closely held restaurant business in the negotiation and drafting of commercial leases in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Represented a professional baseball player in connection with multiple business ventures and land development.
- Renegotiated fixed-based-operator contract with municipal government of St. Petersburg, Florida, on behalf of manager of local airport.