Startups & Entrepreneurs
We greatly value our many established client relationships, some of which have spanned generations. Yet we take particular satisfaction in applying our corporate experience and skills in helping new ideas and new businesses come to life. Every new business needs a trusted legal advisor to help chart the ship’s initial path and to sweep for mines as the ship navigates its many journeys.
Ford & Ford has decades of experience advising clients in launching and growing ventures. We provide knowledgeable counsel and efficient, thorough, and precise drafting for the needs of every new business. We can assist with every step of the life cycle of a business, including the following:
- Organization or incorporation of all types of entities.
- Drafting and amendment of governing documents (operating agreements, bylaws, etc.).
- Organization of minute books and issuance of share or interest certificates.
- Negotiation, drafting, and amendment of shareholder buy-sell agreements.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of Reg D exempt private offerings of equity securities.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of shareholder buyouts.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of commercial leases.
- Negotiation and drafting of non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of lending transactions in the ordinary course.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of mergers and acquisitions.
We enjoy new relationships, and we take great pride in the exacting duty of sweeping for the mines that confront every new business. We are a sounding board that is just a phone call or quick email away. We apply our integrity, decency, and professionalism to every matter, so that the principals of the business have peace of mind as to legal issues and can therefore focus on doing what they do best—growing their company. We are highly responsive at all times, and we like to think of ourselves as better to work with than most.
If you are considering launching a new venture, or if your business requires Florida counsel on a specific new project, please reach out to discuss what we can do to help your business grow. We invite you to read more about our attorneys, why clients choose us, and our commitment to sustainability.