Commercial Real Estate
Ford & Ford represents developers, investment firms, and businesses in the acquisition, disposition, development, leasing, and financing of commercial real estate throughout the eastern U.S. The firm handles all phases of commercial transactions, advising clients regarding multi-family, hospitality, office, assisted living, and distressed properties. We assist with every step of a transaction from letter of intent and contract negotiations through due diligence and closing. The firm prides itself on the creative, thorough, and precise drafting necessary to facilitate complex multistate transactions. The attorneys bring that same intensity of focus to diligence activities and client communications in the lead up to well prepared closings.
With decades of varied and complex experience upon which to draw, Ford & Ford can deftly handle the commercial needs both of its established stable of clients and of new relationships that might arise. We advise on clients’ issues in the following areas of real estate:
- Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Land Use
- Condominium Formation and Management
By way of example, Ford & Ford’s attorneys have counseled developers, investment firms, and hospitality firms in matters such as:
- The nine-figure disposition of a multistate portfolio of assisted living facilities to a leading private equity firm.
- Acquisition of a 2,200-acre, 600-room hotel and gaming property in northern Mississippi and Arkansas.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of commercial leases in Class A properties in the Tampa Bay region.
- Acquisition, redevelopment, and refinancing of a 500-room hotel on the coast of New Jersey.
- Acquisition and refinancing of a 274-room flagged hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Financing, acquisition, and refinancing of a 191,000 square-foot, 300-room flagged hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
- Acquisition, condominiumization, and disposition of a 41-unit property in downtown St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Multistate refinancing of assisted living facilities and hotels.
- Acquisition and development of thousands of acres of unimproved land in central Florida.
Please reach out to us to discuss how we can help you put commercial real estate to its highest and best use. Or call us to serve as Florida counsel on your clients’ transactions, and we will provide large firm experience with a small firm’s efficiency and attentiveness. We invite you to learn more about the backgrounds of our attorneys and about why clients choose us.