Business & Corporate
Ford & Ford serves as outside general counsel to small and closely held businesses. On behalf of its clients, the firm acts as trusted counsel to every aspect of the life cycle of a business. Beginning with entity formation and drafting of organizational documents, the firm assists clients in bringing new companies into an orderly existence. From there, we help negotiate and draft buy-sell agreements among shareholders, facilitate the issuance or redemption of securities related to offerings or buyouts, and handle asset-based lending transactions in the ordinary course of business. Last, we advise companies contemplating mergers and acquisitions.
In many relationships, we play the important role of sounding board for all ideas and issues that may arise in the day-to-day management of a business. If questions at some point extend beyond our areas of practice, we draw upon our deep personal and professional networks in order to connect clients with the right new relationship.
Ford & Ford has represented businesses in matters such as:
- Formation of hundreds of entities, as well as drafting and amendment of governing documents.
- Negotiation, drafting, and amendment of shareholder buy-sell agreements.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of Reg D exempt private offerings of equity securities.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of shareholder buyouts.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of commercial leases in Class A properties in the Tampa Bay region.
- Negotiation, drafting, and closing of hundreds of mid-sized commercial loan transactions for Florida-based banks, both for real estate and asset-based matters.
Our firm is eager to contribute our knowledge and experience toward helping your business achieve its goals. We invite you to learn more about the backgrounds of our attorneys and about why clients choose us.