Drew Ford serves as outside general counsel to closely held entities, providing the full range of corporate advice. He handles entity formation, drafting of organizational documents, negotiation of buy-sell agreements among shareholders, issuance of exempt private offerings of securities, and entity acquisitions and sales. Drew also represents developers and investors in all aspects of commercial real estate transactions — from acquisitions and dispositions to financing, development, and leasing.
A graduate of Vanderbilt University Law School, Drew began his legal career in the real estate group of an Atlanta-based international law firm. There, he represented a leading multinational telecommunications company in the negotiation of ground, rooftop, tower colocation, and in-building wireless leases.
Drew’s work in business and real estate law is informed by his interest in environmental issues, particularly the development of renewable energy and electric vehicles.
A recruited athlete and four-year letter winner at Columbia, Drew has maintained his love of soccer, and he hopes to begin coaching little ones soon. At Vanderbilt Law, he met his wife Chelsae J. Ford, who is now a trial attorney for the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Chelsae and Drew have a toddler Alexandra Halsey, who, if she plays her cards wrong, might grow up to be a fourth-generation female attorney in the Ford family. In spring 2020, Chelsae and Drew welcomed their son, Louis Harvey. When not juggling kids, Drew enjoys fishing, sailing, and golf.
- Lead counsel for a real estate investment firm in the sale of an 800-room hotel complex in Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Lead counsel for a real estate investment firm in the sale of a 67-unit assisted living facility in central Florida.
- Lead counsel for a hotel operator in the sale of an 85-room flagged hotel in Fort Myers, Florida.
- Lead counsel for a real estate investment firm in the acquisition and refinancing of a 191,000 square-foot, 300-room flagged hotel in Columbus, Ohio.
- Lead counsel for an investment firm in the acquisition, condominiumization, and disposition of a 41-unit property in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Lead counsel for a real estate investment firm in a multistate refinancing of assisted living facilities and hotels.
- Lead counsel for a hotel operator in the sale of a 118-room flagged hotel in central Florida.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition of a 2,200-acre, 600-room hotel and gaming property in northern Mississippi and Arkansas.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition and refinancing of a 274-room flagged hotel in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- Represented a Fortune 100 multinational telecommunications company in the negotiation and drafting of ground, rooftop, tower colocation, and in-building wireless leases.
- Lead counsel for a closely held business in the negotiation, drafting, and closing of multiple Reg D Rule 506 exempt private offerings of equity securities.
- Lead counsel for a closely held business in the negotiation, drafting, and closing of the buyout of a private equity-backed minority shareholder.
- Represented closely held businesses in the negotiation and drafting of shareholder buy-sell agreements.
- Vanderbilt University Law School, 2013
Authorities Editor, Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law
- Columbia University, 2008
Bachelor of Arts
Magna Cum Laude
Phi Beta Kappa
- Super Lawyers Florida Rising Stars, 2019, 2020 - Business/Corporate